Reich&Petch designs international museum exhibits and architectural projects. We work with many of the world’s most esteemed brands and institutions such as the Smithsonian and the Royal Ontario Museum. The firm is made up of a stimulating mix of architects, exhibit designers, interior designers, graphic designers, and technologists. Reich&Petch depends on its marketing team to communicate the value of our unique, client-focused approach to secure projects and ensure the practice remains meaningfully involved in the global exhibit and museum design community.
This is a 12-18-month maternity leave position. This position will ensure that the efficient operations continue for the firm’s established Marketing Department and its programs, which includes well-formed strategies, processes, and outputs. The Director of Business Development and marketing will grow to have a strong understanding of Reich&Petch’s brand and clients. They will lead our three‐person business development team to distinguish the company, strengthen the practice’s profile, and win new work through marketing and proposals. The Director will oversee and lead the marketing team in conjunction with office principals and senior designers in the creation and submission of compelling RFP (Request for Proposals) responses including reviewing and directing content, writing, and design. The Director will initiate and plan the firm’s marketing strategy and promotional efforts. Under the direction of the Director, the marketing team will collaborate and translate marketing and brand direction into compelling graphics and layouts for proposals, presentations, web content, and other promotional material. The Director will also coordinate the practice’s industry involvement such as sponsorship, speaking engagement, and attendance at appropriate events and conferences. This position will report to the Principal in charge of Business Development.
Role and Responsibilities
- Maintain preexisting developed operations and programs, including strategies, processes, methods, and outputs
- Manage, direct, and oversee the work of the marketing team (x2) to obtain, review, and oversee responses to incoming “Request for Proposals” (RFPs), “Requests for Qualifications” RFQs, EOIs, RFSO, etc.
- Apply an understanding of relevant current issues and trends, client‐specific needs and preferences, and
Reich&Petch’s competitive positioning including brand messaging
- Work closely with senior staff/principals to strategize RFP responses
- Present weekly reports to the senior staff/principals
- Obtain, review, and take on incoming “Request for Proposals” (RFPs)
- Work closely with the marketing team and senior staff to determine RFP requirements, consulting team, and format
- Coordinate, organize, and assemble material and content needed
- Write, edit, and proofread content for proposals
- Direct design layout, printing, and delivery of proposals
- Review proposal development
- Maintain and update proposal calendars and databases
- Track proposal efforts and outcomes
- Attend professional meetings or other marketing events as needed
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with clients, specialty consultants, and industry partners
- Apply an understanding of relevant current issues and trends, client-specific needs and preferences, and Reich&Petch’s competitive positioning including brand messaging
- Lead in the development of communication strategies, key themes, and messages to highlight the studio’s value proposition, strengths, capabilities, and resources
- Develop the marketing budget and track targets
- Develop marketing campaigns
- Develop market research
- Develop, maintain, and follow campaign calendars
- Manage branding initiatives including internal and external communications with a PR specialist
- Oversee staff and/or consultants in the management of the firm’s marketing content (i.e. social media, website, e‐blasts, PR initiatives, etc.)
- Identify and coordinate activities to promote the studio’s industry leadership and involvement (i.e. speaking engagements)
- Source and direct annual awards programs and submissions
- Participate in additional studio-related design strategies that support the studio’s profile (i.e. competitions)
- Conduct research on market trends, clients, and sectors
- Support and organize office attendance at industry conferences, attending where appropriate
- Lead the development of the firm’s client database
- University or College Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Business, Public Relations, Architecture or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in marketing, preferably in a firm with a design focus
- Minimum 2 years experience managing a team
- Experience in proposal writing or coordination for design or related disciplines required
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills, creativity, and design sense
- Proficient skills in software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Proficient skills in design software: Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Strong conceptual, communication, and listening skills, and being able to translate directions into proposals
- Team player and collaborator working with diverse teams internally and externally
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, be self‐directed, and take initiative
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Understanding of the exhibit, museum, architectural, interiors, or construction markets an asset
Please send resume and portfolio (project samples) in PDF format to email@example.com with “Director of Business Development and Marketing” as the subject.
ONLY PORTFOLIOS IN PDF FORMAT WILL BE ACCEPTED.
(Limit files size to 10 MB)
Website and/or online portfolios will not be reviewed.
Applicants under consideration will be contacted.
No phone calls will be accepted.