Reich&Petch designs international museum exhibits and architectural projects. We work with many of the world’s most esteemed brands and institutions such as the Smithsonian and the Royal Ontario Museum. The firm is made up of a stimulating mix of architects, interior designers, graphic designers, and technologists. Reich&Petch depends on its marketing team to communicate the value of our unique, client-focused approach to secure projects and ensure the practice remains meaningfully involved in the global exhibit and museum design community.
Reich&Petch is currently looking for a freelance production designer to work with its Toronto office design team for a 3 to 6 month contract. The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate experience in building production ready artwork for environmental graphic projects. Under the direction of a senior environmental graphic designer or project co-ordinator, the production designer will be responsible for building print ready artwork based on design intent drawings for a variety of museum, science centre, visitor centre and art gallery exhibition projects, as well as wayfinding projects. In addition, they will provide graphic design support to the exhibits and marketing departments.
Due to the current Covid-19 Pandemic, this will begin as a remote work position, and the candidate must have a suitable computer setup for remote work.
– Build print ready artwork based on design intent drawings
– Coordinate production file dimensions with construction shop drawings
– Package production files into documentation for review and sign-off for print
– Make content or design edits per directions from project co-ordinator
– Make photo corrections to images and illustrations where necessary
– Check photos and illustrations meet production requirements
– Follow a set production schedule to ensure files are reviewed and delivered on time for production
– Complete design intent drawings for handoff to contract fabrication team.
– College/University Graduate from a recognized 3 to 4 year Graphic Design program
– Minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience (Junior)
– Has a suitable at-home computer set-up for remote work
– High attention to detail and strong organization skills
– Strong typographic skills
– Highly proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (CS6 and up)
– Experience in Microsoft Office and Excel
– Flexible, strong team player
– Self-motivated and ability to be self-directed
– Fluent with MAC and PC platforms
– Ability to juggle multiple jobs and changes, keep all jobs on track, meet deadlines, work within a tight schedule and fast-paced environment
– Strong written and verbal language skills
– Creative, energetic, forward-thinking designer
– Ability to read construction shop drawings and work in scale
– A RGD Member (or Provisional Member)
Please send resumes and portfolios in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with Freelance Graphic Production Designer as the subject line.
ONLY RESUMES AND PORTFOLIOS IN PDF FORMAT WILL BE ACCEPTED.
(Limit files size to 5 MB)
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted. No telephone calls or walk-ins please.