We are seeking a strong design focused Graduate Architect to join our Toronto office design team. This is a full-time position.
Under the direction of a Principal, Project Architect or Project Coordinator, the Graduate Architect will be responsible for developing design concepts, design development and assisting with the development of working drawing packages for a variety of architectural, architectural interior and museum exhibit projects in the cultural and retail sectors.
Design and Documentation:
- Assist project architect/project designer in conceptualizing, developing, and refining design concepts
- Produce presentations under the supervision of the project architect
- Assist in developing documentation packages under the supervision of project architect or technical coordinator
- Coordinate with engineers and specialty consultants
- Attend design team meetings
- Attend seminars, conferences
- Visit museums, galleries, science centres
- University degree from a recognized bachelor or master’s program in architecture
- Minimum of 4-6 years of professional experience in architectural office (North American experience is an asset)
- Enrollment in or eligibility for OAA Intern Architect program
- Experience with 3D modeling/rendering programs (i.e. Sketchup/Rhino, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD/Understanding of CADD standards
- Demonstrate an aptitude in conceptual design
- Creative, energetic, forward-thinking designer
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Self-motivated and ability to be self-directed
- Ability to juggle multiple jobs, meet deadlines, work within a tight schedule and fast-paced environment
- Flexible, strong team players who is also able to work independently
- Understanding of building systems, construction detailing
- Working knowledge of building codes and standards
- Ability and desire to work and communicate in a team environment
- Excellent command of English (written and verbal communications skills)
Please send resumes and portfolios in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with Graduate Architect as the subject line.
ONLY PORTFOLIOS IN PDF FORMAT WILL BE ACCEPTED.
(Limit files size to 5 MB)
Website and/or online portfolios will not be reviewed.
No phone calls will be accepted.