We are seeking a talented Intermediate Environmental Graphic Designer to join our New York office design team. The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate a professional aptitude in creating custom graphics that would suit museum exhibits and wayfinding projects. This is a full-time position
Under the direction of a senior environmental graphic designer or project co-ordinator, the environmental graphic designer will be responsible for refining design concepts, assisting with design development and production drawings and preparing graphic production files for a variety of museum, science centre, visitor centre and art gallery exhibition projects, as well as wayfinding projects.
- Assist lead designer in developing design concepts and refinement
- Liaise with and co-ordinate the graphics with in-house exhibit designers
- Produce presentations, documentation drawings, schedules and specifications under the supervision of the project co-ordinator and/or senior graphic designer
- Co-ordinate with in-house exhibit designers, writers, and content specialists
- Source images and illustrations
- Create graphic production files
- Attend periodic design team meetings
- Assist Business Development Co-ordinators in designing and producing graphics for proposals and marketing collateral
- College/University Graduate from a recognized 3 to 4 year Graphic Design program
- Minimum of 5-6 years of professional experience (Intermediate)
- Demonstrate an aptitude in creating informational graphics and strong conceptual design strategies
- High attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Strong typographic skills
- Highly proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (CS6 and up)
- Experience in Microsoft Office
- Flexible, strong team player
- Self-motivated and ability to be self-directed
- Fluent with MAC and PC platforms
- Ability to juggle multiple jobs and changes, keep all jobs on track, meet deadlines, work within a tight schedule and fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal language skills
- Creative, energetic, forward-thinking designer
- Ability to read architectural drawings and work in scale
- CADTools experience
- Ability to do hand-sketching
- Experience with 3D modeling/rendering Programs (i.e. Sketchup, Rhino, Form Z, etc.)
Please send resumes and portfolios in PDF format to email@example.com with Intermediate Environmental Graphic Designer as the subject line.
ONLY PORTFOLIOS IN PDF FORMAT WILL BE ACCEPTED.
(Limit files size to 5 MB)
Website and/or online portfolios will not be reviewed.
No phone calls will be accepted.