We are seeking a talented Intermediate Interpretive Exhibition designer to join our Toronto office design team. The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate a professional aptitude in creating custom, interpretive exhibits that would suit cultural/natural history and science and technology museum exhibits. This position is a full-time position.
Under the direction of a senior exhibition project designer or project manager/coordinator, the exhibition designer will be responsible for developing and refining design concepts, assisting with exhibit design development, and assist in creating production drawings for a variety of projects.
- Assist lead designer in conceptualizing, developing, and refining design concepts
- Produce presentations, documentation drawings, schedules, and specifications under the supervision of the senior exhibition project designer or project manager/coordinator
- Coordinate with other in-house exhibit/graphic designers, writers, content specialists, and detailers/architectural technologists
- Attend periodic design team meetings
- College/University Graduate from a recognized 3 to 4 Design/Industrial Design program
- Minimum of 5-10 years of professional experience
- North American Experience
- Demonstrate an aptitude in creating strong conceptual design studies
- High attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD / Understanding of CADD standards
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (CS6 and up)
- Excellent design and visual presentation skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Flexible, strong team player
- Self-motivated and ability to be self-directed
- Fluent with MAC and PC platforms
- Ability to juggle multiple jobs and changes, keep all jobs on track, meet deadlines, work within a tight schedule and fast-paced environment
- Excellent command of English (written and verbal language skills)
- Creative, energetic, forward-thinking designer
- Ability to read architectural drawings and work in scale
- Ability to do conceptual hand-sketching
- Experience with Mac and PC-based 2D drawing/drafting programs such as Vectorworks and AutoCAD
- Experience with 3D modeling/rendering programs (i.e. Vectorworks, Sketchup, Rhino, Form Z, etc.)
Please send resumes and portfolios in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with Intermediate Interpretive Exhibition Designer as the subject line.
ONLY PORTFOLIOS IN PDF FORMAT WILL BE ACCEPTED.
(Limit files size to 5 MB)
Website and/or online portfolios will not be reviewed.
No phone calls will be accepted.