We are seeking a strong design focused Senior Architect and Technical Lead for Architectural, Architectural Interiors, and Museum Exhibition projects to join our Toronto office design team. This is a full-time position.
Under the direction of a Principal, the Architect will assume a key role in our office, helping to lead projects from concept to completion while working collaboratively with our talented team of 30+ staff. Typical duties will include preparing designs, meeting with clients, managing project teams, leading in document production from beginning to end of a project, contract administration, and managing project costs.
- Graduate of recognized architectural degree program
- Member of the Ontario Association of Architects
- Minimum of 10+ years previous relevant experience in an Architectural practice
- North American experience
- Experience in cultural / custom interior projects is an asset (museums, art galleries, science centres and/or retail)
- LEED AP
- Creative, energetic, forward-thinking designer
- Ability to effectively communicate design ideas with clients
- Ability to lead a team of in-house designers, technical staff and design consultants
- Strong understanding of technical detailing for custom architectural and interiors project
- Skilled at transitioning designs to construction documentation
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Expertise, project experience with BIM/Revit
- Understanding of CADD standards
- Excellent working knowledge of the Ontario Building Code
- Ability to direct production of design and technical documents for buildings and architectural interiors
- Strong desire to actively participate in business development and office management
- Strong attention to detail; strong organization skills
- Ability to monitor and control staffing budgets and schedules
- Flexible, strong team player who is also able to work independently
- Ability and desire to work and lead in a team environment
- Ability to juggle multiple jobs, meet deadlines, work within a tight schedule and fast-paced environment
- Excellent command of English (written and verbal communications skills)
Please send resumes and portfolios in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with Senior Architect as the subject line.
ONLY PORTFOLIOS IN PDF FORMAT WILL BE ACCEPTED.
(Limit files size to 5 MB)
Website and/or online portfolios will not be reviewed.
No phone calls will be accepted.